The Talent Manager is responsible for championing the well being of BLITZ’s talent, while meeting the business needs of a “service industry” company. Your primary responsibility is to support the success of our business by maintaining optimal talent utilization.
As part of the BLITZ Operations group your goal is to understand the strengths, professional goals, interests and personalities of the team, along with the requirements and challenges of our client’s work. Your mission is to facilitate the best resource assignments, recruiting and skill development, while working to balance employee workload with agency utilization goals, and employee satisfaction with production realities.
Additionally, you will be a primary liaison between BLITZ employees and parent company, Advantage Solutions, and responsible for communication regarding employee relations, HR, compliance and talent acquisition.
- Work with Delivery and production discipline leads to assign talent to projects promptly and accurately.
- Understand capabilities, skill sets and interests of resources and factor into staffing decisions.
- Investigate accuracy of resource requests in Mavenlink to determine availability for future billable projects, internal projects, pursuits and pitches, or resolve conflicts and over-allocations in weekly resourcing meeting.
- Communicate external resource assignments to Project teams including contact information, availability, duration, and rate and rigorously track all planned contractor costs for monthly out of pocket forecasting.
- Generate Weekly Resource Utilization Reports and Task Assignments by resource to determine availability for future billable projects, internal projects, or pursuits and pitches.
- Maintain and provide availability information for all resources; if weekly planned Project hours are distributed incorrectly per resource, alert Project Manager to adjust the Project Plan.
- Track weekly timesheet submissions by resource.
- Draft ICAs / NDAs.
- Manage the entire ASM onboarding process, working with various ASM departments to ensure compliance needs are being met throughout.
- Create a seamless experience for freelancers throughout the onboarding process to ensure their introduction to BLITZ is a welcoming one.
- Maintain and build new and existing working relationships with contractors and vendors, check-in as needed regarding availability in order to quickly fill roles beyond internal capacity, adding to contractor database as you go.
- Lead recruitment efforts by utilizing tools such as LinkedIn to contact prospective candidates for employment/ freelance work, posting open positions on appropriate industry sites, assisting in initial applicant screening based on job requirements and tracking progress of recruitment efforts in an organized manner in order to ensure timely communication and a positive experience with BLITZ for applicants.
- Maintain contact/relationship with current list of creative and technical contractors/vendors regarding availability for projects that are unable to be handled in-house.
- Maintain repository of resumes to augment the staff quickly and efficiently when a need arises.
- Keep abreast of new talent in the creative and technical communities through industry events, references, blogs, referrals, etc.
- Work with department heads to determine salary requirements for open positions when beginning negotiations with prospective employees.
- Project resource and performance management experience required
- Absolute professionalism and confidentiality required
- Superior communication skills required
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently, prioritizing workload while maintaining a calm disposition under pressure is required
- Service-oriented attitude required (flexible, personable, approachable, positive and upbeat)
- Required to be able to work independently as well as take direction, both with a can do solution oriented attitude
- Knowledge of interactive marketing projects and resource requirements (creative, user experience, technology, strategy, project management) preferred
- Experience as a resource manager in a consulting or agency environment with rapidly changing project needs preferred
- Familiarity with scheduling software such as Mavenlink, MS Project or other demonstrable ability to quickly master complex software is a plus
- Superior organization, multi-tasking skills and detail-oriented working style
- Strong business sensibility
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong negotiation and leadership skills
- Ability to provide and receive feedback in a constructive manner
- Current knowledge of competition and industry trends